It’s Saint Patrick’s Day, and it’s time to raise a glass and enjoy your favorite drinks! Whether you’re looking for something traditional, or something new and exciting, Payless Liquors has you covered. Here are eight of our favorite perfect drinks to help you celebrate the Irish holiday:
1. The Pot O’ Gold: We all know about the mythical pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, so why not create one in drink form? Mix equal parts whiskey and orange juice before adding several splashes of grenadine for color. Top it off with soda water and you’ve got yourself a golden beverage!
2. Irish Sour: This drink is sure to be a crowd pleaser, combining equal parts of whiskey and lime juice with a teaspoon of sugar syrup or simple syrup. Shake it up with ice and pour over crushed ice for an extra cool effect.
3. Irish Flag Shooter: Nothing says St Patrick’s Day like the colors green, white and orange! Layer one part each of Baileys, White Crème de Menthe and Grand Marnier in that order for this tasty shooter.
4. Celtic Colada: If you prefer something a little more tropical then you can’t go wrong with our Celtic Colada! Just mix together equal parts malibu coconut rum, blue curacao, pineapple juice and cream of coconut for a refreshing twist on the classic pina colada.
5. The Leprechaun: This surprisingly simple drink is a great way to get your Saint Patrick’s Day party going! Just mix equal parts green creme de menthe, vodka and lime juice in an ice-filled shaker before straining into chilled glasses.
6. Shamrock Screech: If you’re looking for something a little more punchy then this is the drink for you! Mix 1 part white rum with 2 parts Irish whiskey and several splashes of green chartreuse to give it that extra kick. Serve in lowball glasses over crushed ice with a sprig of mint as garnish.
7. Dublin Mule: Not feeling like whiskey? Then you should try our take on the classic Moscow mule, the Dublin mule! This drink combines equal parts Irish whiskey, lime juice and ginger beer for a unique twist on an old favorite.
8. The Blarney Stone: Last but not least, we present to you The Blarney Stone! Mix together one part gin with two parts cranberry juice before adding a dash of triple sec or orange liqueur and several splashes of lemon juice. Serve it over ice and garnish with a slice of orange for an extra punch of flavor.
There you have it- 8 drinks that are sure to make your Saint Patrick’s Day one to remember! Whether you’re looking for something fruity, creamy or just plain strong we’ve got the perfect drink for everyone. Stop by Payless Liquors today and get the ingredients to make your celebrations extra special. Sláinte!