On the 5th day of Bourbon Christmas, my true love gave to me… Sazerac!
The Sazerac is a local New Orleans variation of a cognac or whiskey cocktail, named for the Sazerac de Forge et Fils brand of cognac that served as the original main ingredient.
● Absinthe, to rinse
● 1 sugar cube
● 2 dashes Angostura bitters
● 2 ounces bourbon
1. Rinse the chilled old-fashioned glass with absinthe, discarding excess, and set aside.
2. Muddle 1 sugar cube
3. 2 dashes of Angostura bitters in a mixing glass.
4. Add 2 oz bourbon
5. Fill with ice and stir.
6. Strain into an old-fashioned glass.
7. Garnish with a twist of lemon peel.
Click here for more 12 days of bourbon Xmas and a Christmas bourbon surprise!