For our fifth day of a Very Bourbon Christmas, we’re going to be making the Brown Derby.
The Brown Derby is a three-ingredient cocktail that was named after the Brown Derby hat-shaped Los Angeles diner.
The cocktail was created at The Hollywood Reporter founder Billy Wilkerson’s Vendôme Club on Sunset Boulevard in 1930.
The Brown Derby
● 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
● 1-ounce grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
● 1/2 ounce honey syrup
● Garnish: grapefruit twist
1. Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled
2. Fine-strain into a cocktail glass.
3. Express the oil from a grapefruit twist and drop in to garnish (or garnish with a grapefruit wedge).
Click here for more 12 days of bourbon Xmas and a Christmas bourbon surprise!