Day 4 of your Very Bourbon Christmas is here! Today we’re going to be making a Mint Julep.
The Mint Julep is the traditional drink of the Kentucky Derby, which has helped it become immensely popular.
Tens of thousands of Mint Juleps are served at Churchill Downs in Louisville every year!
With a balance of sweet, smoky, and herbal flavors, the Mint Julep is delicious any time of the year.
● 8 mint leaves
● 1/4 ounce simple syrup
● 2 ounces bourbon
● Garnish: mint sprig
● Garnish: Angostura bitters (optional)
1. In a Julep cup or rocks glass, lightly muddle the mint leaves in the simple syrup.
2. Add the bourbon then pack the glass tightly with crushed ice.
3. Stir until the cup is frosted on the outside.
4. Top with more crushed ice to form an ice dome, and garnish with a mint sprig and a few drops of bitters (optional).
Click here for more 12 days of bourbon Xmas and a Christmas bourbon surprise!