The 9th day of a very Bourbon Christmas has brought to you the New York Sour!
The New York Sour updates the Whiskey Sour recipe with a bit of dry red wine.
The wine lends its aromatic attributes and deep red color to the drink.
Reports trace the New York Sour back to the 1870s or 1880s, although it likely first appeared under other names.
New York Sour
● 2 ounces rye whiskey or bourbon
● 1-ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
● 3/4 ounce simple syrup
● 1 egg white (optional)
● 1/2 ounce red wine
1. Add all ingredients except the wine into a shaker with ice and shake hard until well-chilled.
2. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
3. Slowly pour the wine over the back of a bar spoon so that it floats on top of the drink.
Click here for more 12 days of bourbon Xmas and a Christmas bourbon surprise!