Summer is synonymous with music festivals. Whether you’re attending something more bluegrass-focused or a genre with more kick, sprucing up your festival experience with libations is an important decision that you want to get right. From beer to liquor and wine, here are some pairings for your festival experience to suit the vibe.
Lightning Bug Music Festival
The Lightning Bug Music Festival brings beauty, nature, and music together in a weekend-long bluegrass extravaganza. If you’re interested in suiting the ambiance of the venue, there are a few different options you can explore:
● Whiskey. With some of bluegrass’s origins in the Appalachian Mountains, moonshine can be a great addition to your festival journey. While authentic moonshine can’t be found legally, whiskey can certainly do the trick. Maker’s Mark is an excellent option for Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky. For an earthier and more complex flavor, look for our Rittenhouse Whiskey or Bulleit Rye.
● Beer. Beer is a versatile option that can be enjoyed at any time, and the right variety can complement the atmosphere of a bluegrass festival. Abita’s Andygator features a light and crisp mouthfeel and grassy tasting notes. Saison’s are great seasonal choices for your festival needs. Snag a Saison Dupont to really capture those end-of-summer vibes.
● Cider. If you’re looking for something a little sweeter, give the cider a try. Ace Apple Cider features a clean finish and dark honey notes, while Crispin’s The Saint shows off a sweeter finish with just a touch of tartness.
Riot Fest is another area favorite with a nostalgic lineup as well as up-and-comers. This year’s lineup promises to be a riot, so you want the drinks to go with the fun. Try these options for your Riot Fest experience:
● Vodka. Vodka is a great choice due to its versatility and fairly neutral flavor. You can mix it with just about anything to your taste, whether that’s juice or something with carbonation, and you can enjoy it responsibly all day long. Try our Indiana Vodka Honey Lemon for an interesting twist or stick with your favorite brand.
● Tequila. Nothing amps up a shindig like tequila. From a traditional Margarita to the bright flavors of a Paloma, nothing screams fun quite like tequila. Whether you’re a reposado lover or prefer the more aged Anejo tequilas, Payless Liquors has something for everyone. Try the Cazadores reposado or stick to Patron in a variety of ages and flavors.
● Ready-to-drink cocktails. Cocktails are excellent, but a cocktail that’s already prepared is even better. With perfect serving sizes, and perfect pours every time, ready-made cocktails are the perfect endnote to any music festival. Bols Ready to Enjoy Cocktail Tubes are not only tasty but also conveniently shaped for transport. They maximize flavor while minimizing space. On the Rocks Premium Cocktails are another great option. Carefully curated cocktails made by mixologists, On the Rocks are ready for your glass.
Get Ready for Summer Festivals
While many festivals don’t allow outside food or beverages, nothing stops you from a little pregame happy hour. If you’re camping out, you’ll want to keep your cooler ice cold and ready for your cocktails, and your body well hydrated. That means don’t forget the water and other N/A options too.
Keep your music festival experience as fun as it can be and shop Payless Liquors for all your beverage needs. We have over 20 locations around and outside of Indianapolis, and we’re ready to help you pick the perfect treats for your festival. Don’t forget our weekly ad if you need help picking out your perfect libation. Visit us today!