As the temperatures begin to rise, it is about time to hit the store for new floaties, pool snacks – and yes, cocktail ingredients. There are so many different cocktail recipes to try that it can be a bit overwhelming, but in order to have the most relaxing summer possible, skip the hassle and stick with easy-to-make, few ingredient cocktail recipes that will get you spending your summer how you deserve. Check out these fun and easy recipes!
1. Blender-less Frozen Margarita
There is nothing better than sipping your favorite cocktail with your feet dangling in the water, but it is not always easy to keep your drink cold once you are relaxing in the summer rays. This is why some pre-drink prepping can be your best friend on extra sweaty days. If you are looking to enjoy an icy cold drink without the hassle of making a mess in your kitchen and dirtying up a bunch of dishware, try a blender-less frozen margarita.
Ingredients: In order to make this cocktail a reality, all you will need is 2 oz of your favorite tequila, 2 oz of a juice of your juice (strawberry and mango juice work nicely), 1oz lime juice, 1 oz agave syrup, .5 oz of water, and salt.
- Step One: Use a glass to combine all of the ingredients except the salt. Stir thoroughly.
- Step Two: Pour the drink into a sealable freezer bag, and ensure that as much air is out of the bag as possible.
- Step Three: Place the bag in the freezer. Try to make it as flat as possible.
- Step Four: Leave in the freezer for about 2-3 hours or until slushie. Be careful that the ingredients do not fully freeze otherwise you will not be able to pour the drink out.
- Step Five: Rim a glass with salt and pour in the ingredients to enjoy a nice slushie beverage.
2. Vodka Spritzer
Not everyone is a fan of wine, but just because wine isn’t your go-to doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a delicious beverage with all the perks of sparkling sangria. A vodka spritzer is an easy and delicious drink perfect for the poolside.
Ingredients: All you will need is your favorite vodka, soda water, cranberry juice, simple syrup, fresh strawberries, and fresh lemons. Try experimenting with different ingredient combinations in order to find the perfect ratio for you. This also allows you to decide how much fun you would like to have.
- Step One: Pre-wash and chop your strawberries and lemons. You can use however many you desire.
- Step Two: Pour your fruit into a pitcher.
- Step Three: Add the vodka, cranberry juice, and simple syrup into the pitcher, and let marinate with the fruit for at least 30 seconds. Don’t let marinate for longer than four hours.
- Step Four: Add ice to a glass and pour in the mixture. Top with soda water and enjoy.
Pick Up Your Liquor Today
At Payless Liquors, we have a wide variety of liquor to satisfy all of your cocktail fancies. To get your perfect pool day started, use our online order form, or visit our store today.