Bourbon Whiskey and Salted Caramel Popcorn
● 6 cups of popped popcorn (⅓ rounded cup of kernels)
● Parchment paper
● 6 tbsp. Unsalted butter
● ⅓ cup Dark brown sugar
● 3 tbsp. Light corn syrup
● ¼ tsp. Salt, plus more for sprinkling
● 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
● 4 tbsp Bourbon whiskey
○ Preheat oven to 300°F. Then line a large baking sheet with
○ Pop the popcorn and transfer it to a large bowl. Heat the
butter, dark brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a medium
saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Once
mixture comes to a boil, cook for another 5 minutes.
○ Remove from heat and add the vanilla and the whiskey
slowly (watch for splatters).
○ Stir and immediately pour over the popcorn.
○ Use a spatula to stir until the popcorn is evenly coated and
then transfer to the baking sheet and evenly spread the
○ Taste it, if it’s not “salted caramel” enough sprinkle some
○ Bake for 35 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
○ Let cool for 15 minutes before eating.
Enjoy your bourbon popcorn!